1. Research one of the ecosystems you have seen on the Planet Earth DVD that caught your imagination - this sheet will focus your research
2. Find out about 3 current threats to Tropical Rainforest ecosystems
3. Create a Wordle or Tagxedo resource (example here and below) for the key vocabulary we have used so far in this unit – print it and bring it to class
4. Make a Quizlet set to help you to revise for this unit
5. Write up in full the Mystery question – “Who killed Chico Mendes”, using evidence from the slips, There is a writing frame you can use here
6. Annotate some photographs of a British woodland to show its key characteristics - find your own or use these
7. Describe and explain the distribution of Deciduous forests - Mapping exercise
8. Complete this exercise graphing the destruction of the Tropical rainforests - you can also complete this on a Word document
9. Create an animal to survive in the British Isles – include a wide range of its characteristics and say why it would need them. Help sheet is here
10. Draw a cartoon depicting the threats/plight of any ecosystem you have studied - you can look at an example here
11. Draw a food web for Jesmond Dene, or your back garden or the back garden of someone you know.
12. Levelled assessment – a full field study into the Wagon Way – is the wagon way an important ecological corridor?
13. Interpret these satellite images, what do they show?